I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Broken Open

"My untested heart was broken.  What I thought was certain - my marriage- became uncertain.   What I thought was beyond reproach showed signs of humanness.   What I wanted to believe was different from the rest of the world- wasn't.   Thus begin my descent.   On the way down, I turned and met the friendly forces, and felt the hands of transformation begin to work on me.   I would not trade those years for anything, but had I never stumbled down the mountain of my ideals, had my ego not been humbled by loss, and my heart broken open by pain, I would not have discovered the secret treasure that lies waiting for each of us at the bottom of our most difficult times."  Elizabeth Lesser

No comments:

Post a Comment