I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Falling Awake

"I pray that each one of us stays awake as we fall.  I pray that we choose to go into the abyss willingly and that our fall is cushioned by faith; faith that at the bottom we will be caught and taught and turned toward the light.   I pray that we don't waste precious energy feeling ashamed of our mistakes, or embarrassed by our flaws.   After years of teaching, I know only a few things for sure.   One is this;  We are chunks of dense matter that need to be cracked open.   Our errors and failings are chinks in the heart's armor through which our true colors can shine."   Elizabeth Lesser

No comments:

Post a Comment