I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shadow work

"To face our shadow, the dragons and hags that we spent a lifetime running away from, is perhaps the most difficult journey we will ever take.   But it is there, in the shadow, that we retrieve our hidden/lost parts, learn our lessons, and give birth to the wise and mature self.   The difficulty of this dark journey is matched only by it's rewards.   Every single person in this whole world is offered-over and over- the chance to take the voyage from Once-born innocence to Twice-born wisdom."  Elizabeth Lesser

No comments:

Post a Comment