I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Women and Healing

"A period of healing from childhood wounds frequently occurs for women in their mid-thirties and early forties as the profound changes leading to menopause begin.   I call this seven year period in the feminine life cycle "turning straw into gold".   Therapists often notice that old memories of emotional and physical abuse surface during this period preceding midlife.   It is a miracle of feminine biology that we undergo mental housecleaning in preparation."   Joan Borysenko

No comments:

Post a Comment