I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Commitment

This word "commitment" is considered sacred by some and healthy by others but perhaps it is little more than sentimental.  An alternative is to offer your love and companionship freely, refreshing your attachment every day.   You may love in a hundred different ways without feeling committed.  Many people go through deep and dark torment either because they can't commit themselves to another or because the one they love won't 'make a commitment'.  Maybe the lesson from all the pain is to give the idea of commitment all together.  It isn't rich, free and genuine enough to be worth all the attention."  Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment