I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hunger and the Heart's Message

"If we risk the imaginary dangers of being hungry for a passionate life - if we allow ourselves to feel the emptiness long enough and deep enough to hear the heart's  messages - we end up loving the longing itself.  We become less apt to want to rush to fill our every desire.  We allow ourselves to feel tender and open and even lonely without having to do anything about it.   Hunger becomes a sign of being alive."  Elizabeth Lesser

No comments:

Post a Comment