I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shadow

"We see the shadow most indirectly in distasteful traits and actions of other people, OUT THERE, where it is safe to observe it.   When we react intensely to a quality in another individual or group - such as laziness or stupidity, sensuality or spirituality - and our reaction overtakes us with great loathing or admiration, this may be our shadow showing.  We project by attributing this quality to the other person in an unconscious effort to banish it from ourselves, to keep ourselves from seeing it within."  Zweig and Abrams

No comments:

Post a Comment