I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Speaking Truth

"It is not fun to speak the truth.  A lot of people tell me ,'you're so lucky.  You're speaking your truth, you're living your dreams'.   I want to tell you, it's not easy and it's not fun.  And if you really want to walk the leader's route you have to have the courage to speak out.   I lost friends who were sick and tired of me talking about the rape camps in Bosnia.  'Go get a job for God's sake, what is this thing.'  Zalnab Salbi

No comments:

Post a Comment