I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Women in the World Statistics

"90% of modern world casualties are civilian, 75% of which are women and children.  80% of the 43 million refuges  in the world are women and children and that's just in war.  As we speak now 2/3 of the most impoverished in the world are women.  70% of the world farmers are women.  They produce 60% of the food and 90% of the most staple food like rice and beans and maze.  They earn 10% of the income and they only own only 2% of the land.  As we speak now only 3% of the decision-makers in the media are women, in this country.   Only 2.2% of Peace Agreements are signed  by women."  Zalnab Salbi, founder of Women for Women International

No comments:

Post a Comment