I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Coming Down to Earth

"In the East and the West, there is a deeply rooted desire or need to transcend who we naturally are.  Some higher power, some God, finds us unacceptable as we are.  We've spent thousands of years learning the art of self-transcendence.   But life is a matter of of incarnation.  The soul is an entity that lives within our human body.  The problem is too many people in our culture try to skip over this step and go straight up into spirit.   Over-spiritualization is a real danger but usually the body starts to scream.   If we can learn to listen to our body's symptoms or to our addictions or to the symptoms of the planet, we can start coming down to earth again.  If you want to heal - heal your body and your soul - you have to surrender; you have to give up control; you have to stop trying to be perfect, because eventually you have to face the fact that you are not God and you cannot control your life."  Marion Woodman

No comments:

Post a Comment