I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dogma

"A man or woman who clings to the words of others can become a slave to dogma.  Many religions spoon feed their flocks descriptions of the afterlife and strict instructions on how to get there.  They lead followers around the fear and darkness into the promised safety of the light.   This is a mistake.  People who blindly accept the teachings, who hold on the wings of someone else's angels, miss out on the peace gained from experience."  Montaigne

No comments:

Post a Comment