I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Want Both of Us

I want both of us
To start talking about this great love
As if you, I and the Sun were all married
And living in a tiny room,

Helping each other to cook,
Do the wash, weave and sew,
Care for our beautiful
Animals.

We all leave each morning
To labor on the earth's field
No one does not lift a great pack.

I want both of us to start sining like two
Traveling minstrels
About this extraordinary existence
We share,

As if
You, I and God were all  married
And living in
A tiny
Room.

Hafiz

No comments:

Post a Comment