I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Friday, April 6, 2012

When was the last time you sang?

"We often underestimate the power of giving voice, bit it is real and sustaining.  It is the basis of all song.  It is at the heart of all hymns and matras.  And it works it's healing, not so much by being heard as by the fact that in giving voice to what is within, even through the softest whisper, we allow the world of spirit to soften our pain.  In this way, the smallest moan is in itself a lullaby.  In giving voice to what we feel, the darkest cry uttered with honesty can arrive at the holiest of songs."   Mark Nepo

No comments:

Post a Comment