I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Six Mistakes of Man

  • The illusion that personal gain is made up of crushing others
  • The tendency to worry about things that cannot be changed or corrected
  • Insisting that a thing is not possible because we cannot accomplish it
  • Refusing to set aside trivial preferences
  • Neglecting development and refinement of the mind and not acquiring the habit of reading and study
  • Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.
Cireco (Roman orator)

No comments:

Post a Comment