I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Deception/Dishonesty

The five primary forms of deception are:

~Lies: making up information or giving information that is the opposite or very different from the truth.
~Equivocations: making an indirect, ambiguous, or contradictory statement.
~Concealment: omitting information that is important or relevant to the given context, or engaging in behavior that helps hide relevant information.
~Exaggerations: overstatement or stretching the truth to a degree.
~Understatements: minimization or downplaying aspects of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment