I am a collector of words

Words feed me, free me, comfort, uplift and heal me. I've been saving my favorites in books, handwritten over the years and thought that perhaps in sharing them, not only am I preserving them for myself, but perhaps others may also find healing in them as I have.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Creating your own prayer

Creating your own prayer:
  • Listen to the voices of longing in your soul
  • Listen to your hungers
  • Make a prayer that is: Big enough for your wild soul
  • Tender enough for your shy and awkward vulnerability
  • Has enough healing to gain the divine ointment of forgiveness for your wounds
  • Enough vigor to challenge your blindness and complacency
  • Enough graciousness and vision to mirror your immortal beauty
  • Worthy of your destiny to which you are called
John O' Donahue

No comments:

Post a Comment